What You'll do:
We're looking for a Technical QA Manager to evaluate and drive systemic change in our tools, processes, and how we use coding-based skills to test Fortnite. In this role, you will help teams across the Fortnite product evaluate our quality processes and lead efforts to improve our tooling with an emphasis on scalability and sustainability. Whether it's leading a highly technical testing effort, partnering with engineers to create better tooling or mentoring Quality Assurance folks to have a better eye for where they can automate, at Epic you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on how players and creators see Fortnite.
In this Role you will:
• Act as a senior leader within Fortnite to push the boundaries on what technical testing looks like in games development.
• Develop and iterate on quality strategies that encompasses staffing, technical requirements, product space and involvement throughout the development lifecycle
• Develop systemic programs to improve the skills and our usage of our Quality Engineers and SDETs across Fortnite
• At the product level, audit testing approaches, provide detailed recommendations for improvement and correct tactical gaps with a emphasis on technical solutions such as tooling and/or test automation
• Identify strategic threats to quality/testing/risk at the product, process, and people and then develop and execute on solving those challenges with an emphasis on technical solutions that not just report but predict future quality risks
• Evaluate and drive action on improving current quality tooling
• Participate in code and script reviews
• Oversee the testing approach of technically complex projects
• 8+ years of Quality Assurance experience with at least 6 of those being in leadership roles
• Passion for evaluating, influencing, and improving quality tooling for both white and black box use
• Experience in building and driving risk based approaches to quality at a product level including risk assessment aggregation, predictive quality, and defect clustering
• Experience architecting and leading innovative quality processes and quality best practices with a focus on technical solutions
• Deep knowledge of test automation tooling such as Appium/Selenium
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.)
• Knowledge in games is a huge asset
• Experience with quality on server and database technologies
• Experience in managing and mentoring Quality Assurance professionals
This position is open in multiple locations across North America and Europe including (but are not limited to) :
Los Angeles, California
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoz24-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.