What You'll do:
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite. In this role, you will own the quality vision and lead efforts to improve our quality metrics, practices, and quality tooling with an emphasis on scalability and sustainability. Whether it's leading a highly technical testing effort, partnering with engineers to create better tooling or mentoring Quality Assurance folks to have a better eye for where they can automate, at Epic you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on how players and creators see and create in Fortnite.
In this Role you will:
• Act as a senior leader within Fortnite to push the boundaries on what technical testing looks like in games development.
• Develop and iterate on quality strategies that encompasses staffing, technical requirements, product space and involvement throughout the development lifecycle
• Evaluate, nurture, and grow the skills and our usage of our Quality Analysts, Quality Engineers and SDETs
• Maintain and innovate our testing workforce including understanding coverage, practices, and communication of testing
• Audit testing approaches, provide detailed recommendations for improvement and correct tactical gaps with concentration on tooling and/or test automation
• Identify strategic threats to quality/testing/risk at the product, process, and people and then develop and execute on solving those challenges
• Participate in design, product, requirements, test plan, test case, test script, and possibly code reviews
• 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience with at least 6 of those being in leadership roles
• Passion for evaluating, influencing, and improving quality tooling for both white and black box use
• Experience in building and driving risk based approaches to quality at a product level including risk assessment aggregation, predictive quality, and defect clustering
• Experience architecting and leading innovative quality processes and quality best practices with a focus on technical solutions
• Deep knowledge of test automation tooling such as Appium/Selenium
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.)
• Knowledge in games is a huge asset
• Experience with quality on server and database technologies
• Experience in managing and mentoring Quality Assurance professionals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d813b9-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.