QA at Epic
What we do
The Online team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform that provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We're making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Technical QA Lead. This position will be responsible for the quality of multiple features supporting our Epic Online Services SDK. They will be leading a small, agile QA team embedded in our team of back-end and SDK engineers. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
In this role, you will
• Working with product owners and developers to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/web releases
• Coordinating test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Managing test plans/test suites in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Managing compatibility testing efforts of the SDK across multiple platforms
• Analyzing and troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
• Develop major testing initiatives using a combination of process, people, and effective testing methodologies
• Ensuring that automation efforts are moving forward effectively and efficiently
• Lead and grow a quality assurance team as both a people manager and a tactical driver of success, with the ability to contribute to day-to-day efforts as needed
What we're looking for
• 7+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience
• Technical Background - not just a person leader; Able to contribute to day-to-day testing/engineering efforts
• Experience working with and testing for multiple Platforms (Desktop, Mobile, Consoles)
• Experience working with Unreal Engine or other Game Engines is preferred but not required
• A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
• General experience with automation best practices and development tools; Unit and Integration testing of APIs
• Solid understanding of testing APIs at both a client/sdk level and how they interact with backend services
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.