Senior Full Stack Developer
W hat makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is in search of a Technical QA Analyst to advance the use of Unreal Engine's new features for scripting. A Technical QA Analyst owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work and is part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production.
In this role you will be testing innovative new technologies including a new scripting language and toolset utilized for the next generation of games. You will work directly with designers and programmers developing this new technology, and own the quality of the tools they use. As one of the earliest consumers of the language you will help direct the usability and accessibility of the technology, and advocate for the direction of the team.
In this role, you will:
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Leverage production knowledge to create test strategies and test plans that cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Use a mix of manual and automated testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques to analyze the quality of the product
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Work in collaboration with external customers to deliver industry-leading projects that utilize Unreal Engine and real-time technology to the fullest.
What we're looking for:
• 3+ years of proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
• 2+ years of Coding or Scripting experience (C++, C#, Python)
• 2+ years of Automation Experience (Google Test, Selenium, etc…)
• Well versed in test methodologies and iterative development
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Familiarity with functional and usability testing strategies, as well as cross-platform or cross-browser testing experience
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• You're user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience in the Modding community developing tools and add-ons for games or software
• Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System)
• Prior experience with test automation tools
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
This role is based in:
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.