Technical QA Analyst
Technical QA Analyst
QA a t Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms.If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies
• Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
• Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing.
• Knowledge in one of these areas
• SQL & MongoDB, and the ability to query databases
• Game Engines or 3D toolsets
• Backend servers and APIs
• Games as a Service
• Audio tooling and performance
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System)
• Prior experience with test automation tools
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.