Technical QA Analyst
Technical QA Analyst
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms.If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is adding a Technical QA Analyst to test client applications with a focus on Epic's Online Services platform, including Epic's store, and in-game SDK. At Epic, you'll work closely with Epic teams around the world to further improve the quality of our projects. We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React+Node, Typescript, Docker, and GraphQL to name a few. Whether it's a tool used by customer service to assist gamers or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you'll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test approaches and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Execute functional, regression, and automation testing activities
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
• Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing
• Knowledge in one of these areas
• Test automation of web applications
• Dev management tools
• Backend servers and APIs
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Java Script
• HTML / CSS
• Selenium or Puppeteer or Appium test automation
• Prior experience with test automation tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7kn3-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.