What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Technical Lead who is passionate about writing and bringing a broad and diverse set of gameplay creation tools to the masses via Fortnite Creative. Epic Games is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish rich experiences within Fortnite. You will help to develop Fortnite Creative's vast feature set for game creation, along with ensuring that the project is making the right technical decisions, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable. You will drive engineering excellence in terms of implementation and architecture.
In this role, you will
• Own the architecture of major technical Creative initiatives, including device and gameplay framework architecture, integration with broader Fortnite, and other long term initiatives.
• Deep-dive into industry leading technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
• Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to maintain and drive vision
• Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
• Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Nice to have skills
• Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
• Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.