Trust and Safety Producer
Design at Epic
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for designing and implementing building blocks that empower Creators to make interactive experiences within Fortnite's Creative mode.
In this role, you will
• Design new features in a way that maximizes flexibility and creativity for end users while maintaining accessibility and usability
• Own implementation of from start to finish, from Design through Scripting, Iteration and Polish
• Coordinate with teams throughout Epic and beyond to ensure designer-led features have the necessary support from other disciplines to provide the best possible experience
• Suggest and make development trade-offs to meet development time or performance requirements
What we're looking for
• 5+ years technical design experience on shipped games
• You have a proven ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others to create clear, concise design specs as well as your own functional prototypes
• You have professional experience with the Blueprint visual scripting language and are accustomed to writing clean, readable visual scripts that are production-ready, as well as being able to review Blueprint from other developers to highlight issues and provide suggestions for improvement
• Strong system design thinking, with a propensity for finding the best bang-for-the-buck for building-blocks you are designing
• A broad skill set is a strength! As a small team, we highly value those who can contribute to on multiple fronts
• Experience and dedication to developing high quality player experiences
• Experience with network replication in Unreal Engine
Nice to have skills
• Experience with C, C++, Lua, or other programming and/or scripting languages a plus.
• Familiarity with Fortnite Creative
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d889pm-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.