What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for Technical Designers to join our team working on a new experience set in the Fortnite universe. As a Technical Designer, you'll work with a cross-disciplinary team of game designers, artists and level designers on our in-game building system that millions of players use to express themselves. You'll be supported by programmers and design leadership as you implement content and expand & improve the experience.
In this role, you will
• Own the implementation of new modular building kits, ensuring that they work well within the system.
• Use and improve the building system to make it as expressive and player-friendly as possible.
• Monitor the internal tooling and ingestion workflows and either fix them yourself, or refer them to the proper programming resources.
• Suggest UX decisions on how tools and workflows should function.
• Assess technical debt in the systems you touch, and work with leadership on reducing or managing that debt.
• Stay fully versed in the current and long-term design objectives of your design group, and represent those objectives in programming discussions.
• Work closely with art, level design and production teams to ensure that all upcoming modular building kits can be implemented in a timely manner and function well.
What we're looking for
• Unreal editor experience: core understanding of Unreal's object model and how objects are represented and constructed in the editor.
• Blueprint experience
• Level design experience (in a professional setting or on personal projects)
• Communication skills: ability to adapt your messaging to your audiences
• Player empathy
• Collaboration skills
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including CA & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$111,392 - $163,375 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$104,708 - $153,572 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rovwq3-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.