Team Leader, Contact Centre Support
Manchester, United Kingdom
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of internationally- acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
What you'll do
You'll join a cross functional team of experts from 3Lateral, Cubic Motion and Epic Games in creating animation tooling inside Unreal Engine. You'll be the voice of the animator, ensuring these technologies are used to deliver tools that are both elegant and powerful.
In this role you will
• Work as part of a team to ensure that the animation tools and workflows being developed are as animator friendly as possible;
• Help develop and prototype parts of workflows within Unreal Engine using things like Blueprints and Control Rig;
• Liaise with other teams to make sure the tooling your team builds enhances and integrates with UE's wider animation ecosystem plans;
• Produce examples and guidance material showing what the tooling being built is capable of and how it should be used; and
• Work with the UI/UX and QA teams to offer advice and assistance around animator workflows and needs.
What we're looking for
• 4+ years of experience creating animation in VFX, games or a similar environment;
• Extensive experience working with animation in Unreal Engine;
• Good knowledge of Python or other scripting languages;
• Has been involved in creating animation tools and workflows ;
• Knowledge of working with animation from performance capture would be beneficial; and
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ynbz-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.