What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for Technical Animators, ranging from entry-level to experienced seniors, with a passion for expressive character movement to join our team working on Fortnite. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you'll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite and other Epic projects. Joining this team means you're motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic's never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
In this role, you will
• Rig characters, assets and vehicles
• Set up assets in Unreal Engine 5; including cloth, physics, blueprints
• Work closely with modelers and animators to ensure a smooth development pipeline that delivers high quality assets
• Assist with pipeline tools and working with engine and project leads on continuous improvement of those engine tools
What we're looking for
• Extensive experience rigging characters in Maya
• A portfolio demonstrating rigging for a range of characters, bipeds, and beasts, both body and faces
• Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
• Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 5 art pipeline
• Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
• Exceptional problem-solver
• Python programming experience ideal
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qo9m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.