Cinematics Layout Artist
Technical Animator (MetaHuman)
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What you'll do
Reporting to MetaHuman project leadership, you will oversee and work on the amalgamation of all 3Lateral, Cubic Motion and Epic content creation pipelines, including content review processes. Also, you will wrangle pipeline issues around new hardware and software we need to embed in the pipeline.
In this role you will
• Identify and solve complex, systematic problems or inefficiencies in the MetaHuman content creation process, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development.
• Gather requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple Epic studios and/or disciplines.
• Maintain and support MetaHuman tools and fine-tune as needed
• Oversee or task a small team depending on amount of work and cross site reporting
What we're looking for
• 4+ years of experience in VFX, games or similar development environment
• Maya and Python scripting knowledge is required
• Experience with rigging, animation and creature FX is required
• Maya API, Shotgun and 3D experience is preferred
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vx8x-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.