Stock Plan Administrator
Cary, NC United States of America
Epic Games is looking for a Director of Strategy to be part of a critical, central strategic planning team working on the priorities and agenda that shape Epic's portfolio of businesses. They will help develop, drive, and execute critical business initiatives as well as build and create team identity as part of Epic's growth story. This leader will be comfortable working with the Senior Leadership Team, including the CFO, COO, and President. This individual will report to the Head of Strategy and work closely with the Strategic Finance, Corporate Development, and Business Unit teams.
Key roles include:
Write the Future: Articulation, Communication and Evolution of Epic's strategy, including:
• Drive Priority Initiatives
• Facilitation/development of communication material
• Partner with Business Leaders and Teams to clarify and drive key actions to support Epic's strategic agenda
• Maintain roadmap of initiatives and identifying points of integration and optimization
Shape the Playing Field:
• Understand the competitive playing field and keep a pulse on macro trends that will impact strategies and identify outside-in opportunities for Epic to pursue
• Be an ambassador across the external landscape to develop competitive intelligence and insight
Keep the Trains Running:
• Create the content and cadence to improve transparency, alignment and decision making
• Seek opportunities to evolve and improve Epic's flow of information
• Lead and support preparation of material on different topics that shapes Epic's future
• Define 'good planning process'; the most efficient and effective manner to drive short and long-term planning in Epic's unique fluid and fast-paced environment
Develop an Integrated Strategy Team & Community:
• Provide a unifying vision, mission, and agenda across Strategy team and partners: Build a talent academy
• Partner with the Head of Strategy to define the needs of the team to drive impact
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree
• MBA or advanced degree is preferred and at least 8+ years' total experience (5 years'+ experience post MBA) in strategic planning, business development, line operations, management consulting, finance or related fields
• 2 additional years' experience in lieu of an advanced degree preferred
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support
• Ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
• Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Fearlessness and ability to operate in ambiguity
• Experience in gaming, interactive entertainment, and/or enterprise technology beneficial
• Passion for fast-paced culture, defining the future of consumer interactivity!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.