WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a Senior Tax Analyst, Indirect to assist the Managers of Indirect Tax with all things indirect tax. This includes overseeing the completion of many of our US and foreign indirect tax filings. You will also continuously look for ways to improve our indirect tax processes. To succeed in this role, knowledge of US sales tax and International VAT/GST will be essential as is the ability to think creatively.
In this role, you will
• Prepare indirect tax compliance and accounting workpapers.
• Coordinate with external compliance vendors to ensure timely and accurate filings are completed.
• Manage US and foreign indirect tax registrations.
• Assist with integration of indirect tax for acquired entities.
• Assist with performing research and analysis on tax issues, including tax law changes, new markets, or project-specific initiatives.
• Understand and evaluate the indirect tax impact of changes to the business, new product launches, or other tax positions taken.
• Assist with indirect tax audits and oversee responses to notices by researching and gathering information.
• Partner with internal teams such as accounting, legal, engineering, business and finance on a variety of initiatives.
• Assist with process improvement projects in an effort to improve global indirect tax processes.
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline.
• 4+ years of indirect tax experience, mix of public and private preferred
• CPA, MBA or MST, a plus
• Vertex O-Series proficiency, a plus
• Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative and maintain a continuous improvement mindset
• Thrives in a dynamic environment
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbyw6-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.