Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world in entertainment by continually redefining online events. Concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we've delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What You'll Do
As part of the Fortnite Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that aims to deliver content and experiences faster and in more flexible ways.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you'll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge on-demand user generated content system. This platform will have the capability to deliver content to millions of users, within minutes of it being published.
Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
• Design and implement new engine runtime features for Fortnite, and the Unreal Engine itself
• Extend and improve existing engine technologies for use in Fortnite
• Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
• Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
• Improve the overall development efficiency of the team at-large
What We're Looking For
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and memory
• Experience shipping networked multiplayer games and a strong grasp of game engine concepts
• Excellent C++ skills, and ideally some familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with strong soft skills.
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Keen interest in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkpj80-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.