What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Data Platform to join a growing team of data professionals who provide valued insights across all of Epic's games and the Unreal Engine. In this position, you will collaborate with Analysts, game development teams, marketing, and more, to develop ETL jobs and curated data tables that help drive reports, dashboards, and a self-service data pipeline.
In this role, you will
• Design, build, and maintain all parts of the data pipeline to support gamer behavior analysis and device telemetry (requirements understanding, data enrichment, data modeling)
• Build a deep understanding of our products and become the de-facto expert on all analytics data collected
• Champion better cross-functional data integration efforts, both upstream and downstream
• Evolve existing flink based streaming solutions to meet the growing demands of the business
What we're looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a data-driven information environment, designing and implementing analytic/data systems, ideally in a video gaming context
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working with requirements that are open-ended
• Experience and familiarity with big data tools and services, such as Kafka, Hive, AWS, Hadoop, Presto, Spark, S3, Flink or similar
• Ideal candidate has experience working with Kubernetes or similar containerized deployment model
• Experience working in a cloud based environment, ideally familiar with the AWS toolset
• Expertise in one or more programming languages (Kotlin preferred, Scala and Java beneficial)
• Comfort with software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc.
• Experience in real-time data processing
• Passion for video games and/or video game technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4375-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.