Sr. Backend Engineer
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
• Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
• Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
• Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
• Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
• Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
• Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
• Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
• 5+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
• Proven track record of operating live services
• Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw973p-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.