Tools Programmer - Procedural
Engineering at Epic
You will work as a Solution Architect in the Games vertical of our Unreal Engine business development and sales group for America. In this one of a kind role, you will work with licensees and potential licensees to help them understand the value of the Unreal Engine, communicate new features, roadmaps, insights, best practices and hold the developer relations. You will assess the needs for their projects and handle the contacts with some of our biggest games studios. Some travel will be involved.
In this role, you will
• Engage in short-term consulting engagements with clients, assessing their needs for adoption and success with Unreal Engine.
• Demonstrate the value of the Unreal Engine in solving game development specific challenges in all platforms.
• Effectively identify customer needs and risks, outlining deliverables and scoping work to address them.
• Recommend workflows and optimizations based on industry expertise and best practices in order to achieve the highest visual fidelity and best performance.
• Help implement Epic Online Services on client's projects.
• Work with Business Development and Support to develop effective onboarding plans and assist in implementing Unreal Engine as needed.
• Partner with technical resources in Support, engaging assistance onsite or remotely when appropriate.
• Monitor progress against plans and deliverables, effectively communicating progress and managing scope.
• Provide mentoring and hands-on training for clients in partnership with the Learning team, the training studios and partnered support. .
• Communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, keeping them informed and effectively delivering high-touch support.
• Collaborate well and grow cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment across our engineering, engine and product teams
• Advice on how to stage builds, distribute them to their teams, and automate systems for QA.
• Help make awesome games. This is a position to help Epic Games client's overcome challenges.
What We're Looking For
• A passion for gaming with extensive experience in game industry softwares and workflows.
• Hands-on experience using the Unreal Engine in several core aspects eg. C++, Blueprint, Rendering, Optimization, etc.
• 10+ years of experience in game development with at least one UE title shipped. (Preferably a AAA UE title.)
• Extensive experience with console development would be beneficial. (e.g. PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or, equivalent experience.
• 4+ years in a customer-facing role, ideally supervising projects or as a project lead or similar experience dealing with internal or external stakeholders.
• Strong C++ programming skills.
• Experience with different types of gameplay and network programming.
• Demonstrated ability to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success.
• Track record of approaching challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution.
• Ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders and build relationships effectively.
• Willingness to travel up to 30-4
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk281-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.