Software Tester, Unreal Engine (Contract)
Discipline at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years and our constantly growing team of engineering experts are always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Ensuring that our products reach an outstanding level of technical quality is at the core of what we do.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Software Tester to join our Unreal Engine QA team as a contractor. You'll love this role if you're an innovative problem-solver who loves to ask the tough questions; you should be willing and excited to constantly push your own limits and to continue learning.
In this role, you will
• Execute test cases with attention to detail to help ensure the quality of the product.
• Perform both functional and subjective testing and separate the two properly
• Write clear and concise steps to reproduce in a bug report
• Thoroughly investigate and analyze issues to find root causes
• Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding the bigger picture
What we're looking for
• 1+ years of experience as a Tester for games or software
• Experience logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Jira
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled troubleshooter
• Experience with Consoles, Mobile Devices, browser based web tools, and/or VR hardware
• Experience identifying gaps in test coverage
• Experience writing detailed test cases
• An understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Background in computer science
• Experience testing software within a structured QA team
• Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.