Security Operations Specialist
Software Tester II (Contract)
Epic Games is looking for a contract Software Tester to join the Epic Games Online QA team. The person in this role will be interested in asking tough questions, be willing and excited to learn constantly, and innovate to solve problems. If you are interested in working with cutting edge technology, have exemplary communication skills, and would like to be a proactive contributor in reviewing functionality changes, then we'd like to talk to you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Creating and documenting excellent test cases
• Running, executing, and understanding test cases with attention to detail
• Identifying, recording and verifying defects
• Solve problems through collaboration with the rest of the Epic Games Store team.
• Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding ''bigger picture''
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
• You have experience logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Jira
• You have a computer science background
• You are familiar with Windows, Mac, and Android operating systems
• You have successfully worked within a group to achieve a timeline driven project
• You are experienced in testing software within a structured QA team
• You have experience in verification of logged bugs
• You have an understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies
• You have minor scripting or programming experience
If you'd like to be part of a team that enables our backend systems and tools to be used to run the Unreal Engine and make games, then we'd like to talk to you. Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d883e9-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.