Software Engineer (MetaHuman)
Meet the MetaHuman Team, and take a look at the MetaHuman Creator, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3F1vZYpH8c&t=10s
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join the MetaHuman Creator team to work on how advanced, custom characters function within a game (or similar real-time environment). This includes how MetaHumans are constructed, animated, rendered, and driven by gameplay code. You will work with our art, animation, tools and research teams, to expose complex systems in a simple and useful ways to game programmers and artists, to fully unlock the potential of MetaHumans on interactive 3D content creation.
In this role you will
• Collaborate with internal and external game teams to understand their needs and solve their problems related to customizable digital humans.
• Turn prototypes or offline processes into efficient features that can be used at runtime.
• Build and support APIs and tools to be used by game development teams.
• Test and optimize runtime features across a wide range of platforms.
What we're looking for
• C++ coding skills, including system architecture and API design
• Experience dealing with characters in games, including rendering and animation
• Ability to collaborate with and support internal and external users
• Understanding of profiling and optimization for performance and memory
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience of Unreal Engine development
• Experience with in-game character creators
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71n8k-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.