ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Engine end users from various industries, locations, and levels of experience, with Epic's development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will
• Provide engineering advice and direction to Unreal Engine end users as they navigate difficult problems
• Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
• Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
• Work with technical partners from multiple industries to ensure their needs are met by future releases of Unreal Engine
• Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources including tutorials and industry presentations
• Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face, sometimes including travel for on-site support
• Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
What we're looking for
• Experience developing and debugging in C++
• Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
• Experience solving complex problems and a passion for helping other developers
• Experience using at least one Physics engine ( IE - PhysX, Havok, etc. )
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$124,976 - $183,299 USD
California Base Pay Range
$124,976 - $183,299 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$117,478 - $172,301 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ww04-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.