Manchester, United Kingdom
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of around 110 + internationally- acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
• In this role, you will Work closely with a range of engineers, animators and designers to develop animation and machine vision related tools
• Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to Realtime process large quantities of data
• Improve and maintain standalone applications, integrations into Unreal Engine and integrations with custom electronics
• Support external customers and internal stakeholders by answering their requests and questions
• Turn research prototypes and libraries into robust, well-engineered code which can be integrated into tools and products
• Excellent C++ skills, ideally with a familiarity of scripting in Python
• Experience in a broad range of engineering areas including things such as application development, real-time visualization and machine vision
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with excellent cross-discipline communication skills.
• You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
• Experience delivering tools into VFX workflows and production pipelines
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine and it's concepts
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.