Lead Web Engineer
Senior Web Engineer (Epic Online Services)
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
In this role, you will
We are looking for a Full-Stack Web Engineer to join the Player Engagement Services team to work on new products for the Fortnite audience. Our stack is React, Node.js, Reactive Java, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kubernetes and a host of other tools and services. As a part of the Player Engagement team you'll have plenty of opportunities to learn as well as contribute your ideas to product development.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer you will handle both frontend and backend pieces of the products as well as the full service delivery process of services - planning product roadmaps, design, configuring development tools, setting up CI/CD and automated testing, provisioning AWS, configuring monitoring tools and communicating with other teams. And if it spikes your interest, building massively high scale Fortnite services in JVM languages is also at your fingertips.
You will also:
• Work in the Player Engagement Services team with Product Managers, Designers, Frontend and Backend Engineers to conceptualize and build new services and features.
• Own the technical design and drive implementation of robust, scalable online solutions.
• Sweat about the details and thrive to build great customer centric UIs.
• Review code, improve engineering standards, tooling and processes, and mentor other engineers to produce high-quality results.
• Communicate and collaborate with teams across Epic to ensure online services are implemented and go live across the entire Epic ecosystem (Fortnite, Epic Games Store, Unreal Engine, and Epic Online Services)
What we're looking for
• Experience in architecting Node.js applications. You understand the strong and weak sides of Node.js
• Regular usage of React framework and experience in building user interfaces
• Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
• Experience of working with AWS
• Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
• As a plus - experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and building scalable backend systems with JVM languages
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.