What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We know how to approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
As a UX designer at Epic you will have the opportunity to help define the future of 3D creation alongside some of the most passionate and talented teams in the world. The UX design team is responsible for the overall user experience of Unreal Engine and in this role you will work closely with artists, designers, researchers and engineers to define the next generation of creative tools used for games, film/video, architectural visualization and more. Through research, observation, prototyping and iteration you will craft user interface elements, design workflows and help build the creative tools of tomorrow. Join us!
In This Role You Will
• Understand user motivations and behaviors across a variety of deeply technical fields
• Design layouts, interaction patterns, and visual styles for software user interfaces
• Produce materials to illustrate your concepts, including personas, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
• Iterate on ideas and make them real in collaboration with designers, engineers, product managers, and other subject matter experts
• Review existing UI for new and legacy features to identify and solve design problems
• Help establish guidelines and standards for visual language within and across product lines
• Design and develop new mechanisms and visual conventions that make product features easier to discover, use, and love
• Seek out and incorporate user feedback through interviews, testing, and other research
What We're Looking For
• Exceptional visual design skills with an eye for detail
• Passion for creating best in class user experiences while advocating for users within the product development team
• Technical curiosity and adaptability combined with keen problem solving skills
• Working knowledge of 2D/3D creative tools and/or game engines (Unreal, Maya, Blender, etc)
• Proficiency with industry standard prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Creative Cloud)
• Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to drive forward concurrent projects while balancing their competing priorities
• A portfolio of relevant previous work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z3ky-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.