Epic Games is looking for Senior Texture Artists to join the Advanced Projects team at our Cary, NC studio. The Advanced Projects team pushes the limits of visual fidelity in Unreal Engine using the very latest technologies and assists in the design, strategy, and implementation of major gameplay features and systems for our video games.
• Create photorealistic PBR accurate texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps.
• Ability to perform look-development validation in Unreal Engine.
• Responsible for leading the initiative to build an internal texture library.
• Adapt to new real-time technologies, which may impact how textures are authored.
• Conduct research for reference material, participate in photoshoots and concept phases.
• Utilize artistic, painting, and texture skills within Photoshop and other similar programs.
• Ability to create high-quality texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps (bump, specular, normal, and transparency, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Visualization and Animation, or closely related field, from an accredited university in the US, or its foreign equivalent, and five (5) years of post-degree progressive experience as a texture artist in the video game or Film/TV industry, and 5 years of experience with the following:
• Zbrush, Mari, Substance, and Maya.
• Texturing digital doubles, reconstructing real-world detail using PBR textures and workflows that are physically accurate.
• Using DCC packages to author or bake texture maps for high and low poly assets.
• Experience in the VFX industry with a minimum of 5 commercial releases (movies, television, or video games).
• Ability to generate photoreal textures for hard and organic surfaces.
• UV layout and principles.
• Understanding of baking textures and processing maps.
To qualify, applicants must submit a portfolio and demo reel demonstrating excellent artistic, painting, and texture skills. Must pass a Background Check. Multiple Openings for this Position.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y21e-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.