About Our Team
As a senior technical writer for the Epic Games Store, you will join the Epic Games Store Operations team. We build resources, processes, tools and experiences that make the experience of publishing products on the Epic Games Store smooth, easy, and enjoyable. We call the developers and publishers who publish on our store partners and concentrate our energy on forming great partnerships with them.
We own the outcome of a great experience for our partners, and drive initiatives with multiple teams (including product development, marketing, business development, accounting and release management) in support of that goal. We are empowered to make the experience the best it can be for our partners.
• Work closely with the development teams responsible for tooling to anticipate documentation and communication needs for partners who release their products on the Epic Games Store.
• Define and refine standards for style and structure in partnership with other Epic teams responsible for developer-facing materials to ensure consistency and clarity.
• Write awesome technical documentation and instructional content that helps our partners in development and publishing get where they need to go
• Draft communications to highlight important news, updates, and alerts for our partner community to get them excited about new features and apprised of important updates
• Assist in video script development & some video production (limited)
• Be the emissary for excellent documentation to support a best in class experience for our Epic Games Store partners.
• Advocate for and give feedback on documentation publishing & management tools and workflows to support your own productivity and documentation usability.
• You've got a passion for detail and nuanced understanding
• You strive to be an expert in whatever you are working on
• You think like a user and write the documentation you know they need
• You've got a talent for keeping an eye out for updates and changes that will impact users and documentation
• You'll find whatever method works best to get close to subject matter experts and learn what they know, for the sake of the users!
• 8+ years of experience writing technical documentation and user guides
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98qxm-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.