Senior Technical Writer - IAM
Epic Games IT is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to help steer the internal content strategy and deliver high-quality documentation to internal users of complex Identity and Access Management (IAM) and User Endpoint Management (UEM) projects and services. You will interview engineers, architects, and support team members to plan, develop, write, edit, and publish clear, consistent documentation for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
You will be a part of a team of content professionals delivering the right content at the right time to help IT and the rest of Epic solve technical issues quickly and get back to building virtual worlds. While a technical writing background is highly preferred, the ability to write clearly and succinctly, work cross-functionally with development teams, IT teams, and end-users, and easily pivot as business needs change is more important.
As a senior member of the team, you will have the autonomy to make decisions, prioritize your own work, and lead the content strategy planning for your area while also contributing to Documentation Team process improvement efforts.
• Own the quality of the documentation for assigned products and services
• Collaborate with technical teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product or service and its documentation requirements
• Produce high-quality internal and external technical documentation through writing, rewriting, and translating engineering data into findable, usable content intended for a variety of audiences
• Research and build knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
• Become a subject matter expert of the IAM platform and how the different tools are used within IT and in the business
• Create and enhance documentation and develop enterprise standards, procedures, and guidelines for IT and other technical teams
• Advise, assist, and mentor other writers, and foster an environment of continuous improvement through collaborative content reviews
• 5+ years experience in technical communication IT or software development environment
• Direct experience documenting products or services aimed at technical users
• Aptitude for quickly learning and understanding new technologies
• Track record of improving processes and tools
• Demonstrated experience in knowledge/content management
• Experience authoring in Confluence wiki and using macros, Google Suite, or Microsoft Office
• Experience performing peer editing
• Fluency in English, both written and oral
To be a superstar in this role, you have:
• Experience with or writing about Okta SSO configurations and integrations
• The ability to work under vague requirements in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders that value transparency and flexibility
• Experience exploring a customer's problem space and addressing their needs through information and documentation
• Experience creating a documentation culture within an engineering organization (strongly preferred)
• Empathy, creativity, and resourcefulness (such as reading code to understand what's going on)
• A ''jump in and do it'' attitude
Want to stand out?
When completing your application on epicgames.com/careers, please include:
• A tailored resume specifically for this position (be sure to list your technical skills)
• A detailed cover letter showing your achievements as they relate to this role (see the Unique Qualifications section)
• A link to your online portfolio with several recent technical writing samples
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo130-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.