QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you'll do
We're looking for a Senior QA Engineer, Online Game Services with the responsibility of testing and contributing to the automation of our Online Game Services in an AWS environment. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of Online Game Service features, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers.
In This Role, You Will
• Work with product owners, developers, and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Support developers before, during, and after deployments
• Test communications between the Game and Backend services
What we're looking for
• 4+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Past experience testing frontend and backend services, console and mobile platforms, and creating detailed test plans and test cases for them.
• Experience using tools such as Charles, Postman, RestAssured, and other testing tools to help facilitate troubleshooting and testing.
• Problem-solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools to investigate and report on results (Visual Studio, Chrome Debug tools, Firebug, etc)
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
Nice to have skills
• Have worked with common source control and CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, TeamCity/Perforce, or comparable systems
• Prior experience with running and designing automated tests
• Familiarity C++ or other programming languages
• AWS Certification
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvom4n-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.