What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer to join us in working on LEGO Fortnite. In this role, you'll utilize your gameplay experience, design sensibilities, and knowledge of the Unreal Engine to push the quality of the project forward and invent ways to delight players with exciting new gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
• Own the implementation of major systems from start to finish, driving the vision forward in a cohesive way with the rest of the product
• Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems and that requires heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction
• Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
• Lead by example to set the quality bar for design; Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work
• Actively participate in big-picture decisions and ensure the design team focuses on the correct elements to achieve superior results
• Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game
• Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of game design experience with multiple shipped titles
• Mastery of visual scripting languages, preferably Blueprints
• A broad, cross-disciplinary skill set is highly valued since we have a lean team
• Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others
• Create clear and concise design specs
• Strong verbal communication of ideas to the team
• Creating your own functional prototypes
• Experience with network replication
• Familiarity with Fortnite and Epic Games suite of products
• Player first, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4311-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.