- Full Time
Job DescriptionArt at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What you'll do
Senior Technical Artist (Environment LookDev) helps to advance the rendering of the environment. In this role you'll write shading code, create shading networks, tune materials, and collaborate with the artists and programmers.
In this role, you will
• Develop the look of the environment
• Write shading code, create shading networks, and procedurally generate data
• Create tools that improve the workflow and streamline the art production pipelines
• Work closely with artists and engineers to develop more advanced rendering techniques
• Support the Environment team in debugging issues within the game, tools, etc.
• Help drive framerate and memory optimization of environment art
What we're looking for
• Strong experience with HLSL or GLSL shading languages
• Ability to write robust code and shading networks, both from a functional and architectural standpoint
• An advanced knowledge of environment shading, lighting, and material response
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• A critical aesthetic eye for matching reference and producing feature film quality assets
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience with real-time game engines
• Experience Substance Designer, and/or Substance Painter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv0n-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.