What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for talented, experienced Technical UI designers to work on Fortnite. In this position, you will have a role as a collaborative team member implementing UI systems design in Unreal engine, building rapid prototypes, layouts, visual scripting, and levelling up our workflows. You will work with UX Designers, UI Artists, and UI Engineers to ship these features to millions of users around the world. The ideal candidate would have expertise in basic algebra and geometry math (''Game math''), game systems, and basic programming principles.
In this role, you will
• Work on UI Systems Design, break down feature/wireframe into necessary widgets, structures, and classes; increase UI performance by ensuring best practices are being followed by colleagues
• Ensure assets/UI are within memory and CPU constraints. Learning to profile performance and the costs of UMG/Slate/C++/and texture memory
• Implement blueprint logic when presentation logic calls for it. Assist UI Artists where necessary to implement special presentation behavior. Consult with UI engineers on what logic will be in Blueprint vs native code
• Debug blueprints/UMG issues quickly using various tools and techniques
• Find ways to assist UX, UI Art, and UI engineering in organization, documentation, and building workflow improvements
What we're looking for
• Experience in building UI and experiences in game engines and across multiple platforms (mobile, web, pc, consoles)
• Experience shipping updates and new features to a user base on a regular cadence. Professional experience using Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator a plus) and an understanding of game industry 3D-package (3D Studio, Maya, etc.)
• You have an eye for pixel perfect UI, translating and spotting various potential issues with mockups as you help see the designs into the engine
• You are a logical problem solver who pays a lot of attention to detail
• Experience with visual scripting
• You can adapt your messaging to multiple audiences (i.e., talk to engineers about UI Art needs, summarize technical issues, etc), but also have empathy for non-technical team members and the ability to empower others on your team.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmybmx-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.