What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join the Fortnite Art team. In this role, you'll be responsible for collaborating with a wide range of artists, producers, and developers to create and implement tools & processes that will boost throughput for our cosmetics workflows. This role will have a direct impact across all of Fortnite's projects in development (Fortnite Battle Royale, Lego Fortnite, Rocket Racing, Fortnite Festival, etc.) and will regularly be involved with strategic planning around cosmetics production. You will be pivotal in ensuring that our artists can focus on art - and will be empowered to push the workflows of our world class art team.
In this role, you will
• Be a technical leader that elevates art production across projects with a specific focus on tools and process improvements.
• Design and implement a range of robust tools, services, and interfaces that improve throughput and allow artists to focus on art.
• Identify artist workflow bottlenecks and then engineer appropriate solutions given relevant production constraints.
• Communicate proactively and consistently across multiple projects ensuring that process improvements provide the maximum benefit across projects.
• Collaborate with producers, product managers, pipeline developers, and other disciplines to complete initiatives and report on progress, risks, and mitigations.
What we're looking for
• Previous experience as a technical artist, or similar, working on production in games, feature animation, vfx, or related industry.
• Demonstrated experience developing tools for artists & animators in real time game engines & 3rd Party software.
• Deep understanding of the various disciplines of art production, Modeling, Surfacing, Rigging, Animation.
• Expertise with python, Qt, &, visual scripting languages.
• Passionate about efficiency & automation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pomk-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.