ENGINEERING AT EPIC
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
As part of a new game team you will be innovating, facilitating and architecting systems to help create a new type of experience within the Epic ecosystem. You will problem solve with and guide systems architecture and across a large title with a strong leaning towards scalability and long term operational growth.
In this role, you will
• Work closely with all areas of core tech & engine to ensure our tech can support short- and long-term plans for the title.
• Proactively seek out and discuss areas of improvement within the codebase and its satellite systems.
• Optimise and fix bugs in existing systems
• Write and advocate for a scalable, robust, maintainable code
• Collaborate with others to diagnose and resolve issues with engine & game systems
What we're looking for
• A pragmatic & analytical mindset to diagnose, reproduce and fix obscure issues
• Passion for creating scalable and expandable game & engine systems
• Experience working in Unreal and fundamental architecture understanding
• A practical understanding of concurrency
• Experience in CPU/Memory/GPU optimisation
• 3rd party systems integration skills
• Experience working on demanding realtime continuously updating games
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82q0m-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.