What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join our team working on Fortnite experiences. In this role, you'll work with the team to execute on the intended gameplay to delight and engage players. Technical Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that keep a critical eye over the implementation of features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
• Collaborate with senior leadership and team members from various disciplines to execute on the intended gameplay of Fortnite experiences
• Uphold Epic's design and gameplay quality bar
• Utilizing systems, tools and process design, ensure a good end-user experience while producing quality documentation
• Create, contribute to, and supervise a set of clear, structured content tracking sheets
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team to guide features to final implementation, providing feedback and design input throughout the process
• Keep a critical eye on quality for both the implementation of in-game content, as well as that of our internal tickets and trackers
What we're looking for
• Advanced level of game design experience with an emphasis in systems design, game creation tools and user experience
• Demonstrable proficiency in written communication and a track record of effectively conveying your design through documentation
• Solution-oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience guiding collaboration across diverse disciplines
• Ability to work well with other departments
• Professional experience working with game engines would be ideal
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyev1-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.