Audio at Epic
What we do
The audio team at Epic is tasked with creating world-class sound design that delights and compels our players. We work as part of an amazing team in a flexible and fast-paced environment to create and implement audio in an effective and efficient way to ship great games.
What you'll do
As a senior sound designer, you'll apply your refined audio aesthetic and ear to creating audio for one of the most popular games in the world. We value ideas and the freedom to innovate with amazing audio content and technologies.
In this role, you will
• Engage with a world-class team to create amazing audio and gaming experiences.
• Help to raise the quality level of audio in Epic game titles and technologies.
• Push the development of audio features and for future Unreal audio engine development.
What are the skills and knowledge the ideal candidate in this role will have?
• Expert knowledge of sound design and mixing methods and tools.
• Extensive audio engineering and DAW skills and knowledge.
• Strong self-management and organization skills and ability to work independently.
• Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors.
• Experience with audio toolsets/middleware and implementation of audio assets into game builds.
• Mixing and mastering multitrack audio for use in linear or interactive contexts.
• Able to collaborate with diverse teams and disciplines to create amazing audio.
• Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
• Troubleshooting audio issues and ability to optimize assets to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
What we're looking for
• Must have shipped at least two AAA titles and have 3 years as part of an audio team.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
• Must have experience with field recording.
• Must have experience creating audio for linear media.
• Must be a game player- should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games' audio quality and implementation.
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Musical composition or production experience.
• Programming or scripting (Python, Lua) experience.
• VO recording and mastering skills.
Please note: A demo reel is required for this application. It should be a 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you've worked. This should include a diverse selection of footage including various types of work. Please include a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkk94-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.