Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Engine end users with Epic's development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will
• Provide engineering advice and direction to Unreal Engine developers as they navigate difficult problems
• Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
• Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources
• Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face
• Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
• Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience
• Experience developing and debugging in C++
• Experience solving complex problems and helping other developers
• Passion for helping other developers
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
• Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience with UE4 is a plus
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.