What We Do
Our ECOSEC team provides a safer experience for Epic's users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Security Engineer focused on Application Security to develop and improve our services, products, and games against exploits and attacks. Your efforts will be critical to the success of Fortnite and the many creators who depend on it. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing security features. We are particularly interested in those that have prior experience working with desktop application security and Unreal Engine. This is an incredible opportunity to create a safe environment for millions of players and advance industry best practices.
In this role, you will
• Collaborate with the Fortnite and Unreal Engine teams to understand the security implications of existing and upcoming features, proposing changes if appropriate
• Proactively seek out vulnerable components in the Fortnite game client or backend, then clearly communicate the problem and recommended solution
• Influence others to maintain a security oriented mindset
• Architect, implement, deploy, and/or maintain new security initiatives for both the Fortnite game client and backend components
• Debug, modify, and optimize existing security systems for both the Fortnite game client and backend components
What we're looking for
• Expert knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages in a security environment: C++, Go, or C#
• Familiarity with development and security practices on Windows and Linux
• Deep, technical understanding of methods used to attack or exploit networked systems
• Understanding of malware techniques and goals
• Understanding of client and server sandboxing techniques for Windows and Linux
• Understanding of cryptographic principles, especially digital signatures
• Understanding of online multiplayer video game architectures
• Technical understanding of the structure and technology stacks of online service backends
• Experience working with data analytics to solve, prevent, or monitor for problems
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related subject - candidates without a degree are welcome as long as they have proven extensive hands-on experience
This role is open to multiple locations (including NYC, CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$172,736 - $253,347 USD
California Base Pay Range
$190,010 - $278,682 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$202,965 - $297,682 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56ybz-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.