What We Do
The Unreal Engine QA team are constantly improving the quality of the Unreal Engine by creating the tools and frameworks necessary to efficiently automate testing. We're making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
What You'll Do
You are a QA expert and developer who thrives and excels at delivering results at-scale. Your vision and hands-on approach will continually maintain a high-quality, ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about upstream technical testing while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bar while advancing your technical capabilities and knowledge.
In this role, you will
• Design - Be a vision holder for maintaining a ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games. Design or extend automation frameworks and tools as necessary to meet product needs.
• Automate - Identify opportunities for leveraging automation across Epic Games, upstream technical testing of implementations, and create tools and test harnesses.
• Collaborate - Work with software engineers to ensure features are written as testable units, and mentor SDETs and QA analysts.
What we're looking for
• Proficiency writing readable and maintainable C++, C#, or Python code
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Understanding of functional and nonfunctional testing
• Experience with test framework and tools development
• 7+ years of relevant experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8851-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.