SDET AT EPIC
What We Do
The Metaverse team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We're making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
What You'll Do
You are a QA expert and developer who thrives and excels at delivering results at-scale. Your vision and hands-on approach will continually maintain a high-quality, ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about upstream technical testing while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bar while advancing your technical capabilities and knowledge.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, your primary role will be building testing tools, automation frameworks, and collaborating to identify areas suitable for automated testing. You will design and author automated test scripts to support product quality goals.
In this role, you will
• Work as an integral part of the team that makes professional IDE for development of multiplayer games
• Design, develop and maintain test tools and automation framework
• Plan, design and implement complex test scenarios, including multi-user distributed automated testing
• Enable testers and analysts to author automation test scripts, implement automation best practices and help lay the foundation of scalable automated test solutions
• Track performance metrics, optimize product verification and release processes, collaborate with Engineers, QA, and other SDETs across teams and projects
What we're looking for
• Excited about building Game editors and player experience for all ages
• A Pro, with 5+ years experience in owning complex automated testing solutions. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Proficient with C#, Python
• Experienced in design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of automated E2E, functional and unit testing frameworks ( googletest, JUnit, Catch2)
• Proficient with QA standards, best practices and patterns
• Experience working collaboratively with team members on a common codebase using version control tools (Perforce, Git)
• Experienced or knowledgeable with test orchestration tools (Jenkins), Game play scripting system (Blueprint) and C++ is a huge plus
• Experienced with databases (Mongo, SQL, Dynamo, Spark), backend services and integrations
• Experienced with performance testing and/or capacity testing tools and practices
• Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS) is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80b09-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.