PROGRAMMING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of programming experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Today, we are growing the team that is forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. We're looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer for the Core Tech team within LEGO Fortnite Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you'll work on all aspects of the rendering technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players around the world!
In this role, you will
• Design and implement new rendering features for the game, and the Unreal Engine itself
• Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
• Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are usable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
• Be forward-thinking to keep up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
What we're looking for
• Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques; ability to code and architect various core engine systems
• Experience with Unreal Engine - ideally with projects developed in UE4 or UE5
• Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
• Demonstrated performance, graphics debugging, and memory optimization skills
• Knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
• Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power.
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$232,666 - $341,243 USD
California Base Pay Range
$209,399 - $307,119 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$223,676 - $328,059 USD
British Columbia Base Pay Range
$207,895 - $304,912 CAD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bev7-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.