What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
People within the QA Engineer career track work with product owners, developers, and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases. You will develop and implement automation test strategies and utilize technical tooling to expand breadth and add depth to QA coverage of multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts while using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze and report on quality. You are expected to work in a highly autonomous environment embedded on a specific team or product while working closely with designers, engineers, and production staff, using a combination of quality assurance, data analysis, and technical skills to drive appropriate testing techniques early on in development through release cycles and beyond.
In this role, you will
• Working with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Examine technical gaps and automation initiatives between geographically distributed teams, vendors, and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Building test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product while troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
• Reporting and tracking for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health, supporting developers before, during, and after deployments.
• Test communications between the client and backend services
What we're looking for
• Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
• Ability to confidently collaborate with senior members on technical topics and features
• Software or games testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Experience with art pipelines and tech art preferred
• Previous experience working with data and/or analytics is a bonus
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q7zz-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.