What we do
The Unreal Engine is a dense web of technologies merging to create the best creative 3D experiences in the world. At the heart of understanding that tech is the Unreal Engine Documentation.
The Unreal Engine Documentation team is responsible for publishing educational and reference material to provide knowledge and confidence for thousands of users. This includes improving existing documentation, documenting new features, and identifying gaps to fill to improve our depth and completeness.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Programmer Writer for the Fortnite team. With the development of a new programming language being built with Unreal Engine and Fortnite tech, we're giving users more and more opportunities to craft and share their own digital worlds, build interactive logic, and enter the field of creative 3D.
If you're a programmer with a passion for helping others make their dreams and visions become a reality, join us today!
In this role, you will
• Write and maintain code samples, snippets, and comments
• Develop, maintain, and document example games
• Work closely with Educational Gameplay Engineers to write and edit content for the API Reference manual
• Define and refine code sample, snippet, and game example coding style in partnership with other Epic teams responsible for developer-facing materials to ensure consistency and clarity
• Produce and maintain high-quality programming language documentation and instructional content for users
• Create, edit, and maintain user-facing documentation
• Fix outdated documentation as the technology changes
• Work closely with our team of writers, subject matter experts in engineering, design, product management, and professionals in related disciplines like Developer Relations, QA, and more
What we're looking for
• Familiarity with an existing game engine or real-time simulation technology
• Experience with multiple game engines
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages, like C++, C#, Java, or Python
• Experience with functional programming languages like Haskell, Lisp or Erlang
• Understanding of visual programming languages like Blueprints or Scratch
• Understanding the game development process
• Experience writing, commenting, and reading code in a large codebase
Open to multiple locations across North America & Europe.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g325jn-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.