Senior Engine Programmer - Core
Senior C++ Programmer (Media Services)
ENGINEERING - ONLINE
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Media Services team, you will build a highly optimized web engine which will run on all major console platforms. You will help to shape and develop foundational technology that empowers existing and upcoming services within the Epic Games ecosystem.
In this role, you will
• Work within the code base of the large browser engines
• Extend, improve and maintain our current web engine technology
• Optimize systems to work within CPU and memory constraints
• Craft a base technology solution which will be used by other Epic teams
What we're looking for
• Advanced C++ programming skills including templates and C++17/20 skills
• Technical knowledge of WebKit and browser engines code base
• Advanced debugging skills
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America
Cary NC, USA
San Francisco CA, USA
Seattle WA, USA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2yv65-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.