Product Specialist - Unreal Cloud Services
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts strive to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Engine end users with Epic's development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will
• Provide engineering advice and direction to Unreal Engine end users as they navigate difficult problems
• Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
• Work with technical partners from multiple industries to ensure their needs are met by future releases of Unreal Engine
• Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources including tutorials and industry presentations
• Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face
• Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
• Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience
• Experience developing and debugging in C++
• Experience solving complex problems and helping other developers
• Passion for helping other developers
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
• Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Experience with UE and other AAA Game Engines
• Professional development experience shipping a project/title as a programmer/engineer
• Experience working 'under the hood' on game engine systems such as physics, rendering, developer tools, mobile, and/or consoles.
*Remote options available*
• Cary, North Carolina
• Seattle, Washington
• Texas (Austin, Dallas)
• California (multiple locations)
• Canada (multiple locations
• Europe (multiple locations)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65m4j-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.