What We Do
For us, product management means thinking about behaviors of users in our developer ecosystem and systematically questioning assumptions to find reasons, gaps, options, and solutions in creating impact on gamers, developers and creators. We strive to understand why things work (or don't work), and to implement those findings with a purpose and elegance.
As a Sr Product Manager at Epic you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with production, development, design and operations to build new products and services, processes and growth plans all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You are responsible for driving better experience through disciplined analytics and experimentation with measurable goals. You will champion the vision and purpose of 'WHY' for existing products. This includes services, onboarding/activation/live operations, and optimization for all processes and governance.
Below are 3 key responsibilities that all successful Product Managers have at Epic
• Guide - Product managers at Epic are responsible for guiding the development team through idea generation and discovery, representing the voice of the user in design and development, defining the go-to-market strategy, and iterating to propel adoption and growth. We own the vision, strategy, definition of success, and adoption; we are responsible for aligning product priorities with the broader Epic vision.
• Collaborate - Partner with development teams, publishing, and operations to drive alignment and stack hands on the best outcome for our users and the business. Balance strategic execution against the vision and the roadmap with purposeful and effective communication, humble and proactive attitude and an open mind.
• Execute - Own the outcome for the product. Identify meaningful benchmarks, and iteratively drive improvements. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs to understand where we need to iterate and to identify new opportunities to enhance existing products. Be a champion for working smarter, and finding ways to optimize how we work together.
What You'll Do
Epic Games seeks a Senior Product Manager to build and evolve a best of breed publishing tool for the Epic Games Store. This role will report directly to the Director of Product overseeing Epic Games Store, and will partner with a product peer on the consumer facing player side. This role will be an integral member of the Developer Experience development team, which builds products that make publishing on the Epic Games Store smooth, easy, and enjoyable. We own the outcome of a great experience for publishers and developers.
In This Role You Will
• Own the end-to-end publishing experience for the Epic Games Store, creating a frictionless and fun system for game developers.
• Own and champion key product health metrics as a part of driving prioritization decisions
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define goals and thoughtfully evolve publishing experience, including: Executive Team, Development, UX/Design, Marketing, Publishing as well as Game Developers
• Take accountability for the adoption and success of features and product, both internally and externally
• Detail stories with use cases, dependencies, acceptance criteria and scope of features
• Maintain a live backlog, balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
• Work with dev leads to ensure alignment with roadmap, and make adjustments as necessary
• Understand behavior patterns/trends outside of direct publisher intake to identify new product opportunities
• Roll up your sleeves when the team needs help
What We're Looking For
• You are passionate about the products you manage and how they bring value to your customers and the business
• You see product development as a team effort, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, continuous discovery and continuous delivery mentality
• You are skilled at working effectively with your product team, internal stakeholders and partner teams, and across multiple time zones and countries
• You have strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• You demonstrate a strong ability to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements
• You are an excellent communicator, presenter, collaborator, and leader
• You are passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
• 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager (publishing tool or B2B product experience preferred)
• You have a proven track record of driving product growth
• You have experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative user research
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5ez2-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.