What We Do
Whether it's driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic's production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for Senior Technical Producers to join us on Fortnite to help with Performance Operations. In this position you will partner with teams across Epic to drive our performance pipeline across various teams and features . We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, multitasking, have exceptional communication skills, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. Ideal candidates have experience directly working with engineers and the systems they develop.
In this role, you will
• Own the outcome - No matter the complexity or challenges, ensuring that our products launch and operate successfully. This will entail collaborating with various teams on a number of complex features and shepherding it through our optimization pipeline from prepro to ship.
• Own the schedule - Work with Performance Teams to manage workload and coordinate cross-team efforts, and partner with various Feature Teams to help fulfill their goals while meeting performance requirements.
• Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps considering dependencies across multiple development teams to ensure successful releases. Mediate competing performance requests and balance/schedule to achieve max throughput for the product.
• Communicate - Provide transparency and communicate frequently on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts for upcoming releases. Facilitate handoffs between QA, developers, production for performance efforts
• Ensure the team and project have the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently and on time.
What we're looking for
• Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects. Ability to work across a large group of cross-discipline stakeholders to funnel development across all Fortnite dev teams through our optimization pipeline.
• Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices. Desire to operate 50% at a high level, managing dev strategies and org structure to better scale our FN products, and 50% in the details managing product initiatives.
• Demonstrate technical aptitude; deep understanding of performance profiling + process and gamedev feature pipelines.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask/reprioritize. Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution. Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$129,500 - $215,900 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$123,600 - $202,900 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rny151-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.