ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts is always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
The Unreal Engine Mobile Team is looking for a Senior Mobile Rendering Engineer passionate about creating world-class, industry leading game engine technologies, targeting the full spectrum of mobile platforms. You'll work with the latest Unreal Engine and mobile hardware offerings to design and implement platform APIs, guide cross-platform API development and create robust platform support as required by the demands of Unreal Engine and its customers. You will also work closely with other product teams at Epic such as the Fortnite Mobile team.
In this role, you will
• Help us embrace, support, extend and enhance our engine for future mobile hardware.
• Work with Google, mobile GPU and Android phone vendors to help drive the development of Android as a game development platform.
• Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues) and the wide range of content delivered within Fortnite.
• Collaborate with a variety of other Epic teams such as Fortnite mobile engineering to help them solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of our internal products forward.
• Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs (OpenGL and Vulkan), shader compilers, etc.
• Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
What we're looking for
• Extensive C++ experience.
• Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games or real-time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization.
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design.
• Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including frame capture and profiling with engine-level and platform-specific tooling.
• Bonus points for experience with Unreal Engine or experience developing for Android-based systems, especially in C++ using NDK.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8b83-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.