What We Do
The Epic Communications team advances the company's narrative and represents Epic products and the company vision to external and internal audiences globally. We create positive relationships and engagement strategies with a wide range of audiences, including media, investors, influencers, and policymakers.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an experienced communications professional to join the International Communications team. You will focus on EMEA communications for our first party games (Fortnite, Fall Guys, Rocket League), including work on major consumer activations across music, fashion, sport and entertainment. You will also support communications globally for company initiatives, including (but not limited to) support in Japan, Brazil and Mexico.
You'll be tasked with telling the Epic Games story to global media and external audiences, with a focus on building and maintaining excellent results and relationships across EMEA. You'll work on virtual and live events, manage announcements, brief media and external stakeholders, act as a company spokesperson, and write messaging for global audiences. If you believe in what we're building and want to be part of a growing communications team that's on the frontlines of everything we do, we encourage you to apply and learn more about the work ahead.
In this role, you will
• Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers on behalf of Epic Games - including consumer, entertainment, gaming, technology and policy press
• Collaborate with marketing, product, engineering and executive teams on announcements - and partner closely with global corporate communications, legal and policy on our strategy for key issues
• Use blogs, talks, social media, and other digital strategies to tell stories that are important to the company and our products
• Manage external PR agencies all over the world
• You will be based in London with the Epic Games UK team while keeping regular communications with the global Epic Games communications team and regional leadership
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of relevant experience in communications who has worked with gaming, technology, entertainment or lifestyle brands
• Someone keyed into the community of reporters and thought leaders and who enjoys developing new relationships
• Someone who moves fast, is focused on delivering results, and has a track record of working well across a diverse group of internal and external partners
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
• A proactive problem solver, with strong instincts for when to escalate issues
• A team player who's collaborative, supportive, and celebrates others' wins
• Communication skills, written and verbal, are stellar
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzv91-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.