Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Sr. Look-dev Artist to create industry leading photorealistic assets for a wide variety of experiences using Unreal Engine 5.
In this role, you will
• Create photorealistic real-time materials and textures for hero assets, environments and characters.
• Work collaboratively with modelers, lighters, texture artists, groomers, technical artists and engineers to achieve incredibly realistic and detailed assets.
• Follow the latest Unreal Engine rendering technologies and evaluate their impact on the look-dev pipeline and workflows.
• Facilitate communication and collaboration with the Art & Engineering teams, and ensure that goals and best practices for both are represented.
What we're looking for
• 6+ years of experience as a material, Look Dev or Technical Artist in film and/or AAA game development.
• Demonstrated ability to look-dev photorealistic mechanical, organic and environment assets.
• Excellent aesthetic sense combined with good technical expertise and highly detail oriented.
• Expert knowledge of high-end DCC software such as Mari, Substance Painter, Maya, and Photoshop
• Strong understanding of real-time PBR pipelines, calibrated photography acquisition and HDR IBL workflows
• Understanding of the constraints of real-time rendering
Nice to have
• Technical expertise in both high end VFX and in game engines.
• Experience scripting or writing shaders
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88pyq-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.